Tuesday, 6 October 2009

Clarification - Tarantino

Re: my previous post, just wanted to clarify that I actually like Kill Bill Vols. 1 & 2 very much, together they make a great double-film with an excellent story that explores lots of themes along the way. I even enjoyed some of the more obvious "references", such as they cartoon-sequence of the girl slaying her master in Vol.1. The film is almost a cartoon anyway and it really added an extra dimension to the movie.
The kind of thing I was talking about are the grossly-extended fight scenes that go on forever, such as the House of the Blue Leaves scene where she kills about a thousand zillion bad guys without a scratch, inbetween killing several bigger bad guys like bosses in an arcade game. I can't tell whether Tarantino is being serious with these or taking the piss, but a) it's a reference lost on people like me, and b) I was bored either way.

No comments:

Post a Comment