Tuesday, 8 December 2009

Without Fear Track #01 - Animals

I'm blogging each track from my debut album Without Fear, in no particular order.

Here is "Animals" on the player!



Quantcast

For you facebook viewers, here's the link to the youtube vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thATXkbrRV8


Music
Along with "Lighthouses", "Animals" is one of the first tracks I wrote for my renewed solo project. It was a complete change of scene from the straightforward indie-punky-rock of F451, and I loved having a song that was cheeky and bouncy but still very me. It's remained one of my strongest songs (in my opinion) and comes out at almost every live performance - both of these are to do with the fact it's easily playable on just one acoustic guitar, unlike a few of the other album tracks. I like it and it's a great choice to open the album with.

Lyrics
The full title of this song was "The Animals Reject Their Names". I've since learned that basically awkward long titles don't help cool songs get noticed. But that's the gist of the song: animals rebelling, breaking out of the zoo, roaming the streets, and generally causing a ruckus. It only mentions lions and elephants by name (or sometimes tigers), but I like to thing of baboons and marmosets and wildcats and giraffes galloping and screeching and swinging from TV ariels. Just try and picture it.

By the lion enclosure, I wanna expose ya
I wanna get closer, before your life will be over
Just remember that it’s

It’s in na-na-nee-na-na
It’s in na-na-nee-na-na…

It’s inevitable, one day they’ll have us up against the wall
It’s inevitable, one day the animals reject their names

They’ve had enough today
They wanna live with their own names
They’re on the streets today

By the elephant enclosure, they’re ferocious and older
They’re angry and they remember, all the days of your slaughter
Just remember that it’s!

It’s in na-na-nee-na-na
It’s in na-na-nee-na-na…

It’s inevitable, one day they’ll have us up against the wall
It’s inevitable, one day the animals reject their names

They’ve had enough today
They wanna live with their own names
They’re on the streets today

No comments:

Post a Comment