Monday, 18 January 2010

Going to the Big Day Out in Auckland...

...was the best decision I didn't make. I initially mentioned the line-up last year, while in poor wealth and with no prospect of affording the ticket and travel, to the kiwi girlf, who days later bought tickets and declared them our Christmas presents to each other. In the event the weather was awesome (while Wellington was (still) a wet and windy horror - this is high summer remember!), and the atmosphere was fantastic, and the bands were brilliant. Combined with a chilled day in the sun/cafe/someone else's pool the day after, it was a marvellous and nourishing (if exhausting!) trip away.

I have been intending to start doing music reviews again for the first time in 7 years - mostly for albums I already know and love, but this will be a fine event to start with. You'll see it here when it's done!

P.S. In the meantime, my English friend is having some awesome adventures down South...

No comments:

Post a Comment