Monday, 6 September 2010

Back from holiday

New chapters to include in the biography of my life:
  • Orienteering Paris: How to see everything and kill your feet in 3 days
  • Aeroflot business class: 4-course meals all round!
  • This year's drinking fashions: denim, visors and fanny packs
  • Russia's new service economy: Shouting and no English
  • Essex: Visiting 2010 much nicer than Growing Up 1989-2003
  • Ordering Lobster in Barcelona: A detailed introduction to armoured marine biology
  • Shanghai airport: Transit? What transit?
  • "Transit" in Moscow: An all-new cattle experience!
  • When in Paris... eat snails and raw beef
  • August in Europe is the new Winter
  • Being an air passenger in the 21st century: Relinquishing your rights to know what the fuck is going on
  • Missed your connecting flight from Moscow? Join the queue. The long, long queue. And the next one. And the one after that.
  • Air conditioning on the Barcelona metro: Dear London, IT'S AWESOME
  • Metal cutlery in business class: Because terrorists only fly economy
  • 20 years of weekend closures on the Circle Line: This better be the most insane episode of Pimp My Underground Line EVER. I expect gold-plated carriages and neon fucking lights.
  • In Communist Russia, passport checks you - many, many times

2 comments:

  1. I'm excited to have found your blog!!

    I LOVE your circle line comments. Totally agree!! Its such a pain... and Pete lived right next to the circle line so you had to go all the way around every weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha hi Julie hope you're doing well in Ukraine! I actually quite like the Circle Line - I like the idea of it and I'd catch it most times getting into Liverpool Street - which I guess is why I get so worked up about it. And the trains don't even go in a circle any more!
    Feel free to subscribe to the RSS :)

    ReplyDelete