Thursday, 18 October 2012

Airfix Track #1 - I Brought Down The Average

Track #1 from Airfix Democracies is I Brought Down The Average. Listen up and listen loud. More info below the player.



Tagline: Heroic anthem against mediocrity and the mainstream.

Magic moment(s):

  • 0:09 "Lies": This song kicks in 3 times
  • 2:50 onwards: The defiant outro
Length: 3:14

Why is it awesome? Powerful, fast, catchy. "Average" will challenge on your first listen, and inspire you every listen after that.

Title/theme? It's a song about failing against all measurements of the dull mainstream world and not giving a shit. The title is a double entendre, a play on words.

Background? and/or touchy feely stuff?  First performed acoustic in Leigh-on-Sea in Oct 2008, at my last UK gig before leaving for NZ. Rarely performed since then, but was always going to be the album opener.

Lyrics: Below.

I'll be honest, this isn't the final final final audio, but it's close enough - we're a week out from launch and I'm just impatient for you to hear it.

More tracks coming as and when.

Much love kids
Jx


I BROUGHT DOWN THE AVERAGE

I brought down the average
And I brought down all your lies, and all your dirty dreams in disguise
I'll never say goodbye, you better believe me

I brought down the average
And I brought down all your schemes, to make everyone your dirty inbetweens
And be a part of your scene, and be the part of your scene

But if you strip me down, I'm nothing but an animal
And you can buy me

If you strip me down, I don't think I can take it all
But I'm born to take it

I brought down the average
I brought down the average
And I brought down all your lies, and all your dirty dreams in disguise
I'll never say goodbye, you better believe me


I brought down the average
Because I work for myself, and sometimes, the greater good
Do you know the greater good, I think you should


I brought down the average
And I'll never say goodbye, 'cos I as always taught to question why
And be the thorn in your side, and be the thorn in your side

But if you strip me down, I'm nothing but a sex machine
And you can buy me

If you strip me down, but I won't be a part of your scene
But I'm born to take it

But did you know, that a hundred years ago
They predicted a 3-day working week
And did you know, that a hundred years ago
To be alternative meant to have ideas of your own

Did you know, that just 2 minutes ago
Economists believed in a 3-day working week
And did you know, that just 2 minutes ago
To be alternative meant to have ideas of your own


I brought down the average...
...and I was your breath of oxygen, in an institution.

I brought down the average, I brought down the average
I brought down the average, I brought down the average

I brought down the average, 'cos this is our time
And we don't work for their plans, or their schemes
We are not your average
And whatever their machine says, we'll never be, we'll never be, a dis - a - ppoint - ment.




3 comments: