Sunday, 21 October 2012

Airfix Track #12 - If I Can Be Wrong, Maybe I Can Be Young

The closing track #12 from Airfix Democracies is If I Can Be Wrong, Maybe I Can Be Young. Rocky and pumping, listen up and listen loud! More info below the player.



Tagline: Pumping indie-disco-rock full of melancholy and hope.

Magic moment:
  • 2:44 second chorus: The lead and strings kick in - awesome.
Length: 4:37

Why is it awesome? Pumping disco-rock chorus, defiant tuneful verse, awesome bassline throughout. An excellent album closer.

Title/theme? Self-reflection, and apprehension of getting older, but with a positive/hopeful message. Youth is about making mistakes, about new experiences. Our bodies grow old but youthfulness is an attitude that never dies.

Background? and/or touchy feely stuff? This was the last track to be written for Airfix, and was only finished in 2012. It's one of the 2/3 personal songs on the album. I'm not usually a fan of personal songs, but this one just came out, and it fit with the album.

Lyrics: Below.

This isn't the final final final audio, but it's pretty close enough.

More tracks coming soon.

Jx


IF I CAN BE WRONG, MAYBE I CAN BE YOUNG

Can't you see I wanted something more, than this dirty score
I was given anything I should hope for
So why do I feel taken fro a metaphor of failure
Loser on an overdose of ideas, wading through the comatose
A sea of apathetic machinery
And all I needed, all I need was time

But I remember being foolish, I said things as I saw them
And I never took nothing from no-one
Now my youth is disappearing, I take more than I'm given
But I'm fighting all the way on the run

If I can be wrong, maybe I can be young
Maybe I can be strong, maybe my mistakes can be undone
If I can be wrong, maybe I can be young
Maybe I can be strong, maybe my mistakes can be undone

Can't you see I've always had an ugly side, like we all do
It's something that we shouldn't hide, we must fight it, trap it in the open not just token resistance
Caught between immovable angels, irresistable mountains
I was taught just how to climb them, but there's always a down side
And all I needed, all I need was time

But I remember being foolish, I said things as I saw them
And I never took nothing from no-one
Now my youth is disappearing, I take more than I'm given
But I'm fighting all the way on the run

If I can be wrong, maybe I can be young
Maybe I can be strong, maybe my mistakes can be undone
If I can be wrong, maybe I can be young
Maybe I can be strong, maybe my mistakes can be undone





No comments:

Post a Comment