1. This damselfly in front of these falls
Have you got the gorgeous Kuang Si falls in your back garden? Didn't think so.
2. These ethically-dubious snake whiskey "remedies"
Probably a good thing you don't have these.
3. Freaking Beer Lao
Have you got dark Beer Lao in your town? What about the still-delicious normal one?
4. Stunning sunset views of the River Mekong
Or the 4, 5, 6 layers of mountains in the near horizon? Got any of them?
5. Red Cross massages
Does your local Red Cross give amazing massages for $5 USD/hr? Or just boring old saving lives?
6. Amazing bakeries and crêpes on the street
Just how much French colonial influence does your town have, exactly?
7. These grains drying out on the street
I bet you dry all your grains the boring way indoors
8. These terrifyingly large ants
Or "awesomely" large, if you're like me and not scared of insects
9. Or this grasshopper the size of a light aircraft
Okay maybe this thing as a 20cm ball of flapping might freak you out a little
10. This totally legit bowling alley full of drunk white people
Wait, you might actually have one of these.
11. ALL THESE ZEROS
With 12,500 Lao Kip (LAK) to the British pound, it's easy for a foreigner to be a millionaire in Laos
12. This totally safe waterfall staircase
8/10 accidents occur within the home. The rest happen here.
13. These white-supremacist safety breakers
So what, who needs racist electricity anyway.
14. The most stunning array of wild butterflies you ever saw in a major town
This guy was just being shy. But don't take my word for it, go there yourself.
All photos by me. Sorry for the poor quality, I only had my phone.